I Need Help

DFV Crisis Services

If you need help for domestic and family violence (DFV), or know someone who does, here are contact details for services that can provide crisis support.

This includes counselling, information, referral and support to access emergency accommodation. Most – but not all – of these services are available 24/7 by phone and webchat. Access the National Relay Service here.

You do not need to be an Australian citizen to access these services.

Workplace Support

If you are experiencing issues in the workplace, there are different organisations that can provide DFV services; information, advice and assistance to help you – employees and employers – address those issues.

Workplace issues can include anything from uncertainty about domestic and family violence leave and flexible working arrangements, to bullying and discrimination.

There is free, confidential support available to you – just check out the services below.

If you are a union member, you can contact your union office to request information, advice and assistance from your union’s industrial team.

In Queensland, the Workers’ Psychological Support Service (WPSS) provides social work support to workers experiencing work-related psychological injury, to help workers connect with the community services they need. The WPSS is an initiative of the Queensland Council of Unions.

If you are not a union member, you can join here.

Community Legal Centres

Some Community Legal Centres offer specialist employment law services. Community Legal Centres Australia is the starting point to find the contact details for a Community Legal Centre near you.

Legal Aid

Legal Aid in your state or territory may be able to provide you with legal advice on employment matters. Alternatively, they may be able to refer to you other services that can assist you.

The Fair Work Ombudsman provides information and advice to employees and employers in relation to workplace issues.

T: 13 13 94 or contact online.


Local DFV services can provide a range of services, including counselling, court support, information, accommodation services, referrals and/or legal advice.

Some organisations work specifically with First Nations people, older people, LGBTQIA+ people, people with disability, and/or people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.

1800 RESPECT and Ask Izzy provide online search functions to locate domestic and family violence services anywhere in Australia.

Phone Apps
You can find contact details for DFV services using an app on your phone.

1800 RESPECT provides a list of other useful apps for people experiencing domestic and family violence.

‘A workplace response to DFV program must be supported throughout the organisation, from Management Committee to the front line, to enhance individual and collective safety, legal and financial risks of our workplaces, and tackle DFV at a community level.’

Rosslyn Monro, Director, Community Legal Centres Queensland

Queensland Government

With Funding from the Queensland Government

DFVWA is inclusive of all genders

We are an inclusive organisation and workplace

The Services Union

In Partnership with The Services Union

Translate »
Scroll to Top